Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Triangle Residential Options for Substance Abuse

Last night was a great night. Martin and I had so much fun with BJ at the TROSA Political Forum. I have not felt so much positive, encouraging and powerful "energy" in a long time. (outside of my personal time with God) There were about three hundred people at this forum last night. The people there were just great. They were positive, upbeat and highly interested and engaged at what each candidate or his/her surrogate had to say.

Rep. Price was at the forum. I have to tell you that I he is not the worst guy in the world but man can he talk...and talk...and talk. The rules gave each candidate three minutes for opening comments and of course the Congressman went over that time limit... Overall the debate between Dr. Lawson and Rep. Price was civil and friendly. There were some areas where they disagreed, obviously, but they did so in a manner that was respectful. Dr. Lawson made very clear to the audience that he did not think that our forty year "War on Drugs" has produced any good results. He said, "Most of the people who use drugs look like me (he is white) but most of the people who are prosecuted don't look like me." The room erupted in applause. He went on to promise the room that he will do everything within his power to end the war on drugs. He even suggested that we should give the $30,000 that is costs to house one prisoner per year to programs like TROSA. I know that I am biased, but Rep. Price was a big bore. No lie, I turned to Martin a couple of times during that forum last night and said, "Dude, what the heck is he talking about?". I mean, seriously, he started talking about the story of the Good Samaritan when talking about the economy (if memory is serving me correctly). The funniest thing is when he tried to accuse BJ of not answering the questions, when clearly it was he who did not answer well the questions. Man, it was a great night. I am really looking forward to the debate tonight at UNC. I am having so much fun on this campaign I can hardly contain myself!

BJ is doing well and my confidence is way high; we are making some serious progress. Don't forget to vote for BJ Lawson. I will write futher today about some interesting news that I have found out about voting straight ticket. Alas, I have to get some lunch.

No comments:

700 Billion Dollar Ripoff!